Do any other parents share this sentiment? The past week or so since the kids have been sick with colds, asthma, ear infections, teething etc. we have been watching a lot of Nick Jr. I think if I watch another episode of Diego or Ni Hao Kai Lan I'm gonna die. I talk to this mom that asked me if I saw Regis and Kelly that day, and I'm like no, because that's when Dora is on (duh!). Since when have kids taken over the TV watching. I rarely watch TV anymore and it's kind of sad. I remember the good old days when I used to wake up and watch the Today show (pre-Kathy Lee Gifford luckily) and just relax in the morning. Instead it's waking up to Wonder Pets.
I really need to start taping more Curious George. That actually is my favorite. So NOT annoying. The kids love it to. I wonder why I don't have them watch it more often...
1 year ago






8 comments:
i loved reading all your posts, it had been a while since I have read blogs. I love the Diego reaction, in fact Gavin is downstairs watching Diego right now. Seriously, that is the only one he pays attention to completely!
You know, we don't have cable for that very reason. I figure the less cartoons available, the better. It saves me money and also from football and annoying kid shows. Although, Caillou on PBS isn't much better.
I have not watched an oprah or an adult show during the day for probably 7 years now. With the tv in its own room I would have to sit there and watch it. Who has that kind of time? And once those young ones grow up a bit and go to ALL DAY kindergarten the tv will be off all day long!!!! Yay! No NOISE.
By adult show I did not mean the naughty kind.
Jordan has been sick the past couple days too and we have been on a rotation of monsters, cars, and nemo. Before one movie even ends he'll come tell me which movie he wants to watch next. I finally got out to the library today and checked out some new movies so I can listen to something other than disney. Hopefully our kids will get well soon!
What about differnt types of shows on DVD from the library?
My kids don't watch much TV, we do have it, but they pick something from teh library each week (usually Bob the builder) and enjoy that, all though Dora and Diego are also favorites in our house. I think I am good at tuning them out when they are on.
Enjoy the time with your children--there will be plenty of time in the future to watch more tv than is healthy. They grow up faster than you can imagine!
I highly recommend videos you can live with. Braxton doesn't even realize that he can watch things he like on TV because he is so into watching Bob the Builder and Author on videos. Mine are VHS even so he can put them in on his own. It's great. I think George would be a good addition!
Post a Comment