Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Are you a name-brand snob?

The other day I was at the grocery store and I was thinking about all the stuff that I just can't buy generic. Is anyone else like this too? Here are some of my must-have name brand products- no substitutes:
  • Cheerios, Rice Krispies, and Corn Chex. Generic is just gross.
  • Tillamook or Bandon Medium Cheddar Cheese. The other day we bought the costco brand and it was nasty.
  • Yoplait or Tillamook yogurt
  • C & H brown sugar
  • Tampax tampons
  • Colgate Total toothpaste. Phil used to be a Crest man, but I showed him the light.

What are your name brand products?

7 comments:

Spencer Family said...

That's funny, I'm a total brand name snob too when it comes to certain things. Tillamook cheese is a MUST. Stoneyfield yogurt, Always pads, I pretty much always buy brand name cereal except I did buy store brand Rice Krispies one time to make RK treats and you couldn't tell the difference, Hefty trash bags, makeup Clinique or MAC, diapers Huggies or Kirkland, I could go on and on. I'm sure I would save A LOT of money if I wasn't so picky, lol!

Alisha said...

My ketchup must be Heinz!

Janessa Taylor said...

*Yoplait
*Tampax
*Pureology Shampoo & Conditioner
*Blue Jeans - the 'off-brands' just don't make them the same
*Wheat Thins
*Coke, Dr. Pepper (none of this Mr. Cola or Dr. Fizz crap!)
*Shoes - I need real leather..although for summer shoes, you know, sandals, flip flops...cheap all the way! Boots and heels, the good stuff!
*Frozen pizza has to be either DiGiorno or Freschetta

Shannon said...

I definitely have some strong preferences: Dove deodorant, Always pads, Charmin toilet paper, Tide laundry detergent, Huggies wipes, Luvs diapers. Hmm. It's all non-food items. Strange. But if it's not on sale or something else is cheaper, I might sub sometimes. Fun post!

Jodi Reeve said...

What about miracle whip? I find the walmart version simply gross.

I like yoplait too.

You can still purchase the brands you want, but shop the sales and use the coupons out there and save a lot of money.

:) said...

- Tillamook cheese is a must
- Ritz crackers
- Huggies diapers (Hurray for Costco!)
- Colgate toothpaste
- Tyson chicken (Smith's has awesome sales)
- Yoplait yogurt

That's pretty much it. Other than these I buy generic brands a lot. I'll buy name brands if sales are really good.

Heather 'n Jay said...

-Yoplait too or I don't eat yogurt.
-Campbell's tomato soup and chicken noodle
-French's mustard

That's about it. Then I go cheapest.