Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm so glad I blog!

This weekend our computer crashed about 4 times. On the last time, the stupid service guy for Dell instructed my husband to restore the system. Before Phil did anything he asked the guy if he needed to back anything up or save anything. The guy assured him that everything would still be on the computer. IT WASN'T...so we lost everything. All of our pictures from December and all the files. I'm so glad that I posted the cutest pictures on my blog. The frustrating thing about it is that it's a brand new computer. So we won't be putting any pictures back on for a few weeks until we work out all the bugs. If it is still giving us problems, then we will demand a new computer. Those MAC and WINDOWS VISTA commercials are starting to sound true....argh!
On a more positive note, I did get my prayers answered this weekend. I asked Heavenly Father to at least let the computer work so that I could watch General Conference online on BYU-TV (we don't get it on the normal TV here) and Heavenly Father worked His magic! The computer was broken, both days, at 8 am before conference and by 9 am, it magically worked (also with the help of the computer support people and Phil). I still view it as a huge blessing that I was able to watch conference. It was wonderful. Phil's sister Emilee and her boyfriend Shane came up to watch it with us. We had so much fun with them.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am so happy you blog too! I am glad you were able to have those pictures saved. Thanks for sharing your story of prayers being answered. It always strengthens my testimony everytime I hear a story of someones prayers being answered. Heavenly Father really does love us and knows we are here!

Marlies said...

Thanks for sharing your miracle. I am so glad to have such amazing friends who are constantly looking to God to see how he is blessing their lives. I'm going to have to make a suggestion for you. Kent and I were able to get a great deal on an external hard drive when our comp. was acting up and the more I hear about people losing their pictures the more I find it invaluable. And it is SO easy to put pics on it and retrieve them.

The Tchongas said...

Aw Bequinha, computer troubles suck! That happened to me and since then I bought an external hard drive and every month I sit and transfer everything to it. Since we are in a digital era, it's smart to keep back ups!

Hey, quando voce volta aqui a Utah? L)

beijaum!!

Rebecca said...

Okay so I already posted on here, but I was thinking about you guys today and how I wish we could be closer to do things (Especially you Rebecca, I need more girl-friends around here). There are so many of my friends that I wish I could gather in one place, but I guess that's not possible and a bit selfish. I enjoy being around you guys so much and love how much we share in common. Well anyway thanks for being who you are. You guys make it easy to love you!

Marlies said...

Phil-
Thanks for your words on my blog regarding Kent and I. I don't know when you commented, but I just read it and it was what I needed to hear right now to know that my Heavenly Father loves me. I am having a very hard struggle right now, but you are right I will make it through it. Thank you for the reminder, and thank you both for your friendship. You truly are angels beyond what you can imagine.

Liz said...

Phil and Rebecca, I love reading your blogs and seeing your sweet family. Come visit us in San Diego, we'd love to have you. We hope Kaylin is doing better. What a special little girl!! Love, Aunt Liz & Uncle Mark

Anonymous said...

Ditto that. Sounds like you're having some wonderful experiences in Reno with you great family. Come on down to San Diego. The Zoo and Sea World are both nice places for the kids to hang.

I'll take ya flying...

Love,

Uncle Mark

Anonymous said...

BTW, Vista burns up some serious real estate on the computer. Have you added a couple gigs of internal memory to the ram? I've heard that will solve some of the problems.

Love

Uncle Mark