Here's the story of how Jared came into our family...
The Friday before his birthday, the doctor and I decided that it would be best to induce me at 39 weeks due to the fact that Zachary and Kaylin were both large babies. I was really scared that Jared was going to be very large too and so I thought inducing would be the way to go. Another reason for inducing (which was not really the reason, just an added bonus) is that the school cutoff for Nevada is September 30th and I thought it would be nice to have the baby before then. I told the doctor that if I got a choice in the matter, that I wanted the baby before the 30th. He was all for it and even reasurred me that the school cutoff excuse wasn't a silly reason to induce. Nice doctor, eh? So, on Tuesday morning, September 29th, we went to the hospital at 6 AM to get started. At this point I was still on the fence about whether or not I wanted pain meds because of what happened with Zachary's birth (see this post). We got started and were about 2 hours into the pitocin when the doctor came in to see us. At this point I was dialated to a 4 and he said he wanted to break my water. After he did that, contractions came a lot stronger and I decided that I didn't want to be superwoman and "give me the drugs!"
So after waiting for the anesthesiologist for almost 3 hours (he had scheduled C-sections), he came and gave me the epidural. It worked this time around, YAY! An hour later, about 12:50 pm, I was dialated to a 10 and ready to start pushing. Unfortunately, we had to wait for the doctor to get there. Ten minutes later he came in and 4 contractions later (about 10 minutes) he was born! I have to say, this was the easiest birth. He was only 7 lbs 15 oz! Even better news, NO STICHES! It's been a wonderful recovery thusfar. Once Jared was born, he was put on my tummy and Phil got to cut the cord. It was amazing to hold my little boy. Both Phil and I cried (like we have with each of our babies). Having a baby is such a miraculous experience!
Jared has been a wonderful baby. He hardly cries and sleeps most of the time. He doesn't need a binky and is just really content. Nursing has been easier this time and recovery has been great. I've already fallen in love with him and so has the whole family.
The Friday before his birthday, the doctor and I decided that it would be best to induce me at 39 weeks due to the fact that Zachary and Kaylin were both large babies. I was really scared that Jared was going to be very large too and so I thought inducing would be the way to go. Another reason for inducing (which was not really the reason, just an added bonus) is that the school cutoff for Nevada is September 30th and I thought it would be nice to have the baby before then. I told the doctor that if I got a choice in the matter, that I wanted the baby before the 30th. He was all for it and even reasurred me that the school cutoff excuse wasn't a silly reason to induce. Nice doctor, eh? So, on Tuesday morning, September 29th, we went to the hospital at 6 AM to get started. At this point I was still on the fence about whether or not I wanted pain meds because of what happened with Zachary's birth (see this post). We got started and were about 2 hours into the pitocin when the doctor came in to see us. At this point I was dialated to a 4 and he said he wanted to break my water. After he did that, contractions came a lot stronger and I decided that I didn't want to be superwoman and "give me the drugs!"
So after waiting for the anesthesiologist for almost 3 hours (he had scheduled C-sections), he came and gave me the epidural. It worked this time around, YAY! An hour later, about 12:50 pm, I was dialated to a 10 and ready to start pushing. Unfortunately, we had to wait for the doctor to get there. Ten minutes later he came in and 4 contractions later (about 10 minutes) he was born! I have to say, this was the easiest birth. He was only 7 lbs 15 oz! Even better news, NO STICHES! It's been a wonderful recovery thusfar. Once Jared was born, he was put on my tummy and Phil got to cut the cord. It was amazing to hold my little boy. Both Phil and I cried (like we have with each of our babies). Having a baby is such a miraculous experience!
Jared has been a wonderful baby. He hardly cries and sleeps most of the time. He doesn't need a binky and is just really content. Nursing has been easier this time and recovery has been great. I've already fallen in love with him and so has the whole family.
Jared Phillip Walker is born!






1 comment:
congrats on a new, smaller baby!! i bet it's nice to not be pregnant anymore too! i went and read your birth story of your last baby... funny... i had a friend who said her epidural did not work at all the first time around until she really did it naturally the second time and had no drugs. she then said, "it worked a lot more than i thought it did the first time." haha. glad you and baby are doing well!
Post a Comment