obliged to do it and she wanted me to do it on my newest aquired hobby: Hiking.
It all started back in July when my brother wanted me to do Mt. Whitney with him. I said sure and before I knew it, I was hiking mountains left and right.
In the last month, I have hiked Black Butte (by Mt. Shasta), Mt. Olympus in Utah, Mt. Rose in Tahoe, and will hike Mt. Tallac in South Tahoe next weekend.
Unfortunately and much to my dismay, I had to cancel my Mt. Whitney trip in October because Becca was getting tired of all these hiking adventures I was having and decided she wanted to keep me home for the 2 days it would have taken to do it. It's okay though because there's always
next time. I will say these adventures have been quite a rush. On Black Butte I tried to do the Captain Morgan pose with my brother and as you can see (below), I thought I was going to fall off the back of the mountain. On Mt. Olympus, it was probably one of the toughest things I had ever done as we were going up 1,000ft. every mile for about 4 miles. At the top however, they have a mailbox with a bunch of books where you can sign your name that you actually did the crazy hike. Finally on Mt. Rose, we left for the mountain at 9:30pm, hiked all night and got up to the peak at 1:00am, and made it back to the cars around 3:15am in the morning. Needless to say, these trips have been a lot of fun and thanks to my brother, I have enjoyed every one of them. What's in the scopes after Tallac? Probably Mt. Everest.... okay probably never Mt. Everest
but definitely Mt. Shasta and Whitney some other time. For more pictures, check
out my facebook profile. We got some good ones.







2 comments:
Filly, what a great guest author you are!! I'm glad you have such a healthy hobby :) I am too lazy to hike...wait, that's 3rd trimester prego talking. Maybe I'm not too lazy anymore... anyway, that's so fun! Cool pics!
Becca, please let Phil go on the hike to Mt. Whitney!! I know he really wants to go!
Post a Comment